Serves 4. Time to make 30mins, plus 30 mins to chill
- Slice peppers in half and remove the seeds. Cut peppers up into rough cubes saving 1/4 of one pepper for garnish.
- In a large pan add a glug of olive oil and add the chopped onions and cook over a medium heat until the onions are opaque and soft.
- Add the peppers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, sage and chilli flakes and cook for a further few minutes then add the stock and cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup while it is still hot to a smooth liquid then stir in the zest of the lemon and garlic.
- Pour the soup into a large bowl and refridgerate for 2 hour or to chill quickly put ice into a larger bowl and place the soup bowl on top of the ice. It take about 15-25 minutes to chill the soup this way if you are in a hurray, which I tend to be!
- While the soup is chilling dice the 1/4 of pepper left over into small pieces as in photo.
- Once the soups is chilled garnish it with a slice of cheese (or crumble the cheese), diced pepper and parsley.